The Science School
Faith - Purpose - Action - Leadership
" And give us (the grace) to lead the righteous." (Al Quran)
The Science School planned a Star Gazing and Camping Night for its students on November 20th, 2015 in both Islamabad and DHA campuses.
Teachers planned some activities for their groups, which students thoroughly enjoyed. These Activities included:
- Setting up of tents and making a fire place.
- Baking potatoes and marshmallows.
- A Hiking trip within school premises
- Star gazing, using a professional telescope
As the number of students is large, the activity was planned in two sessions.Classes V & VI had their event on November 20th, 2015
For Classes VII-IX this event was planned for November 27th, 2015.
The students had a wonderful time doing the following:
- Setting up tents and making camping equipment using bamboo sticks. The camping equipment made by students included a lantern stand, washed clothes stands and stands for plates and cups.
- A Hiking trip in the woods at the back of the campus. (Security arrangements were made by placing guards around that area)
- Fun activities that included songs, games and playing music on guitars and keyboards.
Activities like this provide students with opportunities to learn real life skills and develop emotional and social intelligence in an informal situation.